Where you book an Escorted Tour with us, the following terms apply in addition to our general Booking Conditions:
Passport, visa and health requirements
It is your responsibility to ensure you comply with all passport, visa, health and immigration requirements applicable to your chosen Tour and we can only give you general information about this. Requirements may change and you must check the up to date position in good time before departure. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are in possession of all necessary travel and health documents before departure.
Changes & Cancellations by Mercury Direct
If we have to cancel or make a significant change to your arrangements, we will give you the following choices:
- Accepting the changed arrangements as notified to you.
- Purchasing another tour from us, of a similar standard to that originally booked if available (with you paying or receiving a refund in respect of any price difference).
- Cancelling your booking or accepting the cancellation & receiving a full & prompt refund of all monies paid to us.
A significant change is a change made before departure which, on the basis of the information given to us by you at the time of making your booking, we can reasonably expect will have a major effect on your holiday. The following changes are examples of significant changes:
- A reduction in the number of nights of your tour.
- A change of your resort area or your accommodation to a lower brochure category for the full duration of your stay.
- A change of outward departure time or overall length of your arrangements of twelve or more hours.
- A change from a day flight to night flight (providing time of departure is changed by more than 8 hours for short-haul and 12 hours for long-haul). A night flight which is changed to depart after or before midnight is not a change of date.
- A change of UK departure airport, as long as that change is not from one London airport to another London airport. London airports are Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted, Luton and London City.
You must notify us of your choice within 7 days of our offer. If you fail to do so we will assume that you have chosen to accept the alternative booking arrangements.
If we make a significant change or cancellation less than 70 days before departure, we will also pay compensation as detailed in our Booking Conditions.
Please note that the above options and/or compensation (including any reimbursement of independent travel arrangements) shall not be payable in the following circumstances:
- Where the change we make is a minor change.
- In the event that we are forced to make a change or cancel as a result of unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which we could not have avoided even using all due care.
- Where we cancel as a result of your failure to make full payment on time.
- Where the change(s) or cancellation by us arises out of alterations to the confirmed booking requested by you.
- We cancel your arrangements because the minimum number of participants to run the tour has not been reached. (We will tell you if we have to cancel for this reason not less than 28 days before departure).
If you or any member of your party misses your flight or other transport arrangement, it is cancelled or you are subject to a delay of over 3 hours for any reason, you must contact the airline or other transport supplier concerned immediately who may be able to assist with the provision of refreshments, depending on availability of suitable facilities at the airport. If your flight is delayed due to reasons of force majeure we regret that neither we nor the airline will be liable to provide meals, refreshments or overnight accommodation. You should ensure that your own travel insurance policy provides a reasonable level of cover for such eventualities.
Under EU Law (EC261/2004), you have rights in some circumstances to refunds and/or compensation from the airline in cases of denied boarding, cancellation or delay to flights. You should approach the airline concerned not Mercury Direct, as these regulations apply to the airline not the tour operator. Reimbursement in such cases is the responsibility of the airline and will not automatically entitle you to a refund of your holiday price from us. A delay or cancellation to your flight does not automatically entitle you to cancel any other arrangements even where those arrangements have been made in conjunction with your flight.
We will not offer compensation for inconvenience or loss of holiday time caused by flight delays, flight diversions or curtailment regardless of how caused. Similarly it is not possible to obtain refunds for any unused accommodation or facilities or for losses, costs and expenses of other travel/accommodation arrangements outside of the package resulting from flight changes, delays or diversions, which should be claimed on your own insurance policy.
Conditions of Suppliers
Many of the services which make up your tour are provided by independent suppliers. Those suppliers provide these services in accordance with their own terms and conditions which will form part of your contract with us. Some of these terms and conditions may limit or exclude the suppliers liability to you, usually in accordance with applicable International Conventions. Copies of the relevant parts of these terms and conditions are available on request from us.
Back to top